Thursday, February 7, 2013

Leo Narto's: Turtle Time origins

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

I just realized that quality TMNT info and opinions from a fan source are hard to come by. And, since I've had this weird, undying, fascination with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from the year I was born (1987 ;) just like the start of the first cartoon series) so really, why not make a blog out of it?


  • I collect all the comics, including the new IDW series, all the mini-series spin offs, the color classics, and the original black & white copies of the classics themselves (just the first 60 or so that are directly connected to co-creators Eastman and Laird).
  • I've watched every 2k3 episode and watch the new 2012 episodes religiously. (even though, at this point, I favor 2k3... reasons on that in a future blog).
  • I used to bootleg VHS tapes of The Next Mutation series when that aired on Fox (I was about 10 years old. No, I didn't sell them. Just creating my own personal archives to watch, back when VCRs were the thing, which I still have and watch from time to time with good laughs).
  • I have seen a good portion of all 1987 series episodes.
  • I have seen all the movies, TMNT I, II, III, 2007 and Turtles Forever countless times
  • I actually liked TMNT III (reasons on that in a future blog)
  • I try to stay up-to-date with when the talked about TMNT reboot film will be happening, if it still is going to happen at this point.
  • and oh yeah, I love pizza
All of the above are my reasons for making a blog. I consider myself a Turtle Fanatic. They mean everything to me. So much that I even found a way to work them into my honors thesis at college (no joke. Love Beyond Life, by Jeffrey A. Brown, look it up.)

There are a number of things I would like my blog to focus on:
  1. My reviews and reactions to 2012 episodes as they air each week
  2. How new 2012 episodes compare and contrast to previous incarnations, such as reoccurring characters throughout the series, if and when they appeared, and how they are different from their original representation.
  3. How I think 2k3 will forever be the best representation of the original Eastman and Laird comics
  4. in-depth comparisons on that^
  5. interviews with anyone connected to Turtles behind the scenes, past or present
  6. What awesome things we can expect in the future
So this is just a start. Hopefully this becomes a really cool thing, and I enjoy working on it. Here's to hoping that this just isn't another late night "I've got a blog idea!" that never develops into anything.

-Jeffrey A Brown
or as I'll coin myself here,
-Leo Narto

No comments:

Post a Comment